What do you imagine your yard to be when you look out your window? Is it a formal garden, with clean lines, perfect symmetry, and well manicured plants? Or is it a lush outdoor entertainment space with a stone patio, an outdoor kitchen, and colorful perennial beds? Maybe you’re seeking a low maintenance landscape that you can enjoy without spending your weekends getting your hands dirty, or a raised bed vegetable garden where you can grow your own produce.
Whatever your vision, a landscape designer or landscape architect will help you through the process of building your landscape, from initial planning, to putting it on paper, to construction.
Hiring a landscape designer or architect and creating a landscape plan will help you save you time and money in several ways:
- You will avoid costly landscaping mistakes by ensuring proper selection of plants (the right plant for the right space) and other materials (coordinating patio and wall stones or pavers)
- You will detect possible issues (drainage, sun/shade patterns) sooner rather than later
- A designer or architect has the experience to negotiate the engineering that comes with complicated patio, fountain, or retaining wall projects
- A designer can help you incorporate features that fit your budget and provide a plan that can be installed in phases, if needed
- A landscape plan will provide an integrated design that will increase the value of your home, and look beautiful for years to come
Want to know more? Oakland Nursery’s landscape division, Oakland Design Associates, can provide answers to any questions you may have about hiring and working with a landscape designer.